Monday, January 19

Why do we wash behind our ears? Who really looks there?

In response to last week's question, “Why do we wash behind our ears? Who really looks there?”, many friends including my Disney tech friend Alan, birthday bud Jon and his wife Ruth, Kate, Tony and Tracey said, “ You wash there because your mother said so.” My temple friend Bill added, “do you need a better reason?”

My neighbor Dick noted, “Actually, we wash a lot of places where no one looks (thankfully)!”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob noted that “Washing behind your ears gives us hindsight.”
“Being bald, I wash behind my ears because it is easy to see back there,” responded my college roomie John.


My mischievous cousin Wes wrote, “My mother didn’t want her or my teachers to get dirty fingers when I was towed off by the ear.”

For a more adult answer, my quality mgmt guru friend Marya said, “I'll just leave it to your imagination as to who really looks (or at least licks) behind your ears. While one person who asked for anonymity said, “No need, the guy who gives me wet willies always has his eyes closed.” My sailing buddy Mike was less discrete, saying “some don't stray from the missionary position.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Should we change the presidential oath given what past presidents have done?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: