Monday, January 26

Should we change the presidential oath given what past presidents have done?

In response to last week's question, "Should we change the presidential oath given what past presidents have done?”, my neighbor Al thought “Why, have we had any presidents that kept the oath?”

My birthday bud Jon hopes that they would “at least read it.” My dad’s beach buddy Bob recommended “If I do not keep all my promises, I will resign or forfeit the opportunity to run for a second term."

My friend Tracey figured the appropriate changes would make the oath too long, “Do you swear to... not have sex with someone other than your wife while in office? Not to blindly lead us into a war with a country that has no WMDs and did NOT attack us? To pronounce the word 'NUCLEAR' not ‘NUKULAR'?" The list could go on forever. “

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: