Sunday, March 23

Hmmm Week 12

In response to last week's question, "who was the lexicographer trying to help by calling a clover, which looks nothing like a rock, a sham-rock?", my friend Richard noted, "Probably the same faux (hence "sham") lexicographer who decided we clean our hair with shampoo, which fortunately neither looks or smells like ... well, you-know-what."

My skiing friend Mark noted that the lexicographer "knew those tricky leprechauns had fool's gold in their pot at the end of the rainbow, so a 'sham'rock' continued the theme."

My dad wrote, "An Irishman probably had too much St. Patrick's Day and didn't really know what he was looking at. " My friend Tracey agreed, "with enough green beer, it's amazing what you can see."

My sailing buddy Scott thought "fake-rock” didn’t sound as good ." And my friend Royce thought it was all part of a "ponzi" sham.

Then my cousin Amy realized that it was Fred Flintstone who called it a shamrock.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " (and if you'll like my cousin Sunny, you are welcome to take a couple of days to think about it):

What time zone is it at the South Pole ?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.

Hal

No comments: