Friday, May 23

In response to last week's question, "Is bacteria the only culture some people have?", my birthday bud Jon knows it could be yes "unless they are Germ-mans." My friend Royce added, "and it just sort of eats away at 'em."

My friend Richard determined that it would be yes unless they eat yogurt."Culturally speaking, for some people bacteria would actually be a step up ," wrote my friend Tracey. "Politically, I imagine most of the world (outside of the US) believes that bacteria is the only culture in America ," adds my college roomie John."

Ferget da bacteria. Culcha is what ya drink," suggests my cousin Wes.

And my running partner's orally-fixated husband Ted (OK, he's a dentist) knew that the unfornunate reality is that most of us have more culture in a swab of saliva than in their upbringing -- whether it is P Gingivalis, Streptococus Mutans, or Actinomyces Actinomycetemcomitans (A.A. for short). I suppose if we all spit on our kids instead of giving them showers, we will not only give them a more cultural upbringing, but we will save water as well.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " :

Is sign language the same in languages other than English?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.

No comments: