Monday, February 16

If Darwin is right, why are so many unevolved humans still around?

In response to last week's question, “If Darwin is right, why are so many unevolved humans still around?”, my observant neighbor Dick noted, “because the NFL needs linemen.” My neighbor Al wrote, “We don’t eat our young, and there is no open season for stupid people are two reasons.” And my running friend Tony teased, “Because genetics doesn't have a conscience but does have a sense of humor!”

My optimistic quality mgmt friend Marya explained that “Earth would just not be as much fun if everyone was EVOLVED. Besides, it's so much fun to argue Darwin with the most religiously conservatives of the world (G-d went click and everything was here......fossils are the devil's handy work you know)!

My sailing friend Scott asked, “Should I take that as a personal slight?”

My friend Richard noted, “Someone has to qualify for employment in the mortgage business.”

“Evolution, by definition, is a never-ending process,” wrote my birthday bud Jon. “Even the most evolved are still evolving.” My college roomie added, “it may take a few generations for slower humans to evolve.” To this, my friend Marlene noted “All of us have evolved, but not necessarily from the same backgrounds. Look around you on a train or bus or even at a convention and you have to wonder from whence some of the humans came.” “We’re all a work in progress, added my “Dialog in the Dark” buddy Tracey.

My technology friend Steve wrote, “Because the politicians make laws to keep them safe so they can live and breed and keep them in office.” My movie-loving friend Alan added, “Who would run for office? aka where we would we get politicians from?” It’s so self-perpetuating, that my dad’s beach buddy Bob noted, “They are now in the White House .”


And my starboard-heeling sailing friend Kurt wrote, “Approximately 50% of humans evolved to the point at which Compulsive Compassion Disorder set in. This causes them to protect and preserve the weaker links. We call that 50% Liberals.” (Remember, this is all in fun.)

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: