Sunday, November 20

If you're a size 0, do you exist?


In response to week’s question, “If you're a size 0, do you exist?", my sailing and writing friend Rich observed, “Only in her imagination.”

My friend Richard shared, “Donuts represent themselves as a “0, and they most certainly exist …. But not for long!”  My college roomie John countered, “You do not exist if you are size 0; but size 0 is only temporary, so at some point you will exist.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob responded, “Position....Birth Canal....moving into position....soon to be a plus something.”

My birthday bud Jon shared, “Unfortunately, you would be a role ‘model.’ ”   And my friend Royce wrote, “ Sounds like a Jean Paul Sartre existentialist theory to moi.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Why do so many people express their thankfulness by overeating?

Today is the oldest you’ve ever been yet the youngest you’ll ever be.  Enjoy this day while it lasts and remember to smile.

Hal

I’m thankful for my wife, family, my paid job, my volunteer roles and my friends  -- the friends I know and the friends I’ve not yet met.  Wish you a joyous and warm Thanksgiving.

No comments: