Monday, January 7

What New Year’s resolution will you not keep?



In response to last week’s question, “What New Year’s resolution will you not keep?”, my dad’s beach buddy Bob declared, “To die young.”

My cousin Don and neighbor agree concurred, “That I'll keep my New Years resolutions.”  My friend Royce was a bit more descriptive as he wrote, “Every damn one! At least I'm honest.”

My birthday bud Jon responded, “To stop replying to Hal’s “Hmmm” emails. Oh, damn!  Blew it already.”

My friend Richard replied, “Actually, I keep my one resolution EVERY year, because I resolve every year to make no other New Year’s resolutions!” 

My friend Kosol lamented, “If I didn't keep a resolution for last year, it definitely ain't happening this year although I do hope and wish for greater things to come this year.” 

My musical friend Bruce advised, “This year (now that I'm retired again), I will keep ALL of them... you see, the difference between goals and accomplishment is nothing more than true discipline!”   To this my college roomie observed, “I guess I need to make some resolutions.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is nomophobia* an age related issue?

According to Oxford Dictionary's 2012 word of the year list, Nomophobia is the anxiety caused by being without one’s mobile phone [from no + mo(bile) + phobia]

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.    

Regards to George Carlin, Demetri Martin and Steven Wright.

No comments: