Tuesday, May 31

"How bad can it be if it's clear?

In response to last week’s question, "How bad can it be if it's clear?,"  my sailing friend Jim cautioned, "A question posed by someone who clearly has never had Everclear," to which my dog rescue friend Kate added, "If it is called scotch or bourbon, we have a problem."  My Utah friend Bruce then advised, "Choose your poison: Vodka and gin are clear while Los Angeles air is brown... They both give you red eyes if consumed in large quantities... "

My temple friend Richard proffered, "There is no conflict between being clear and bad.  For example, if a '60 Minutes' crew shows up at your house, that is clearly bad.  If you get 'invited' to the local IRS office, that is likewise clearly bad. If your parachute does not open, that is clearly VERY bad."   My PR friend Stan concurred, "If you need rain, clear weather can be really bad depending on how much rain you need. If a problem is really clear, then it can be worse than you thought, and that could be really bad. Clearly, you really weren’t clear."

My birthday bud Jon challenged, "Your question is unclear.  So it’s pretty bad!" to which my cousin Greg piled on, "Clear as mud."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
 While a restaurant could have an award winning menu, how is their food? from my cousin Dave.
We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.
Hal


Knowing how much I enjoy Steven Wright's humor, my friend Stan asked if Steven Wright (Red Sox) is happier since he found success with the knuckleball?


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: