Monday, July 14

Hmmm: Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

In response to last week's question, “Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”, my sailing advisor Rich wrote, “Yes. I was standing in a Church and the man said " Do you take this woman? "

My dad’s beach buddy friend Bob said, “Every morning at 5:30am.” My neighbor Dick wrote, “I stopped to think once.....no, I guess it was several times......well, maybe I do that quite often.....don't know why I can't remember...... “

My birthday bud Jon wrote, “I started to work on answer last Monday and never got back to it.” My quality friend Marya admitted “Actually, I’ve been compared to Charlene from Designing Women.”

My quilting and sailing friend Jodie found the bright side. “It’s the ‘not-stopping’ that messes me up. I start thinking about something and stop thinking about what I’m doing and botch it. Makes for a lot of ripping out seams when sewing, and “frogging” which is reverse knitting. This must be why we do such great thinking when running, biking, showering, etc. We can set our brains loose and put ourselves on autopilot without peril. Of course, it’s a bit scary when it happens when we’re driving….’How’d I get here?’ ”

Please share your thoughts about “things that make you go ‘Hmmm’ “:

Is everyone normal until you get to know them ?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.

No comments: