Monday, July 28

Do you go “back and forth” if you really must go forth before you go back?”

In response to last week's question, “do you go “back and forth” if you really must go forth before you go back?”, my dad noted that for most automobile drivers, you go in reverse before you go forth. “For automatic gear shifts “R” is next to “P”.”

My neighbor Dick found the effortless conclusion, “Quantum physics says that time and location are relative. You could very easily stand still and the universe could move both back and then forth around you.”

My sailing friend Maria wrote, “the idealist in me would like to think that that you go backwards so you can get up speed to go forward (at least that’s how I justify the setbacks in my life).” My college roomie John described this as “taking 2 steps backwards to make 1 step forward.” We can only hope that his step forward is larger than the two back.

My wise friend Marlene noted, though, that this can be true when you are walking but not when you are speaking.

Please share your thoughts about “things that make you go ‘Hmmm’ ":

Why can't you get a tan on your palms?

Live well…..laugh often….have a good week.

No comments: