Monday, August 4

Why can't you get a tan on your palms?”

In response to last week's question, “Why can't you get a tan on your palms?”, there were 2 clear trains of thought. My birthday bud Adam introspectively observed, “because in tanning situations, my palms are usually wrapped around either a "boat drink" or cold Corona. I call it insulation.”

My caring and nurturing friend Ruth explained, “it’s because you get so much sunscreen on them while putting it on yourselves and your children.” Then my college roomie John took the low road, “I am waiting for hair to grow on my palms, then I will think about the tan.” Meanwhile, my Wisconsin-based friend Marya, responding that she has tanned palms, writing “You obviously have not applied self tanner!”

Always thinking out of the box, my sailing friend Scott realized that his palms aren’t tan “because the coconuts block the sun.” My dad’s beach buddy Bob declared “they are trees and only turn brown when they die.” Similarly, my sailing buddy John further noted, “Palms are evergreens; they simply don’t tan.”

Please share your thoughts about “things that make you go ‘Hmmm’ ":

If heat rises, then shouldn't hell be cold?

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week.

No comments: