Tuesday, August 12

If heat rises, then shouldn't hell be cold?”

In response to last week's question, “If heat rises, then shouldn't hell be cold?”, my world traveling neighbor Al wrote, “It would be if it wasn't so crowded.” Referring to crowds, my observant friend Gian noted, “Fly coach sometime and experience hell firsthand.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “It’s always hotter at the bottom of the container.” “A purely scientific answer,” my friend Kevin wrote, “The heat source, when insulated, will always be hotter than the areas above where that radiation rises. Hence, Hell, if under us, will always be hotter.” My wise neighbor Dick added that “the heat is rising to the surface of the earth and causing global warming!”

For mental stimulation, Kevin chose to also contradict himself, “But Hell is cold because it is a place one doesn't want to be.”

My learned temple friend Bill noted that, “Guilt, like heat, comes from within. Thus, the center of the earth is very hot.” My cousin Wes offered a spiritual solution, writing “Maybe it is the furnace to heat heaven.”

My friend Gian then pondered, “If all warm air rises, why the hell is there snow on Mt. Everest?”

Please share your thoughts about “things that make you go ‘Hmmm’ “:

There are two theories to arguing with a woman . Do either work?

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week.

Hal

My cousin Jeff didn’t know the answer to the question, but it reminds him of a cartoon that showed several elderly new arrivals in hell who were all wearing sweaters and asking the devil, “Really? You can’t make it any warmer?”

No comments: