Monday, August 18

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Do either work?

In response to last week's question, “There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Do either work? ”, the only woman to respond was my party-cake providing friend Tracey who wrote, “a big FAT ‘no’.” However, the other gender’s answers varied.

My birthday bud Jon obediently wrote, “I raised this with Ruth (his wife). She'll get back to you with my answer.”

“I have only one strategy: let them have the last word on the topic and the argument is over sooner,” wrote my neighbor Dick.

My happily married friend Richard wrote, “The short answer: No. The longer answer is ... well, it's irrelevant, because you'll never get two words in. Actually, it is my understanding that you only need to know 3 phrases to have a sucessful marriage:
1. "You're right, dear."
2. "I'm sorry."
3. "Oh" (as in "Oh?"or "Oh." or even "Oh!") which is used as a stall tactic until the hapless arguer can figure out which one of the first two phrases is applicable to a particular situation.

My tech friend Steve wrote, “Nah, the only thing I have success with is smirk and say nothing! It leaves 'em wondering.” This is supported by my friend Kevin wrote, “Any and all theories of arguing with woman are wrong. There is no successful way to argue...hence, don't do it.”

Similarly, my dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote, “Of course not. Neither is worth exploring, not even worthy of consideration as trial balloons!”

We dare not ask about 2 women arguing….

Please share your thoughts about “things that make you go ‘Hmmm’ “:

Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable since chocolate comes from cocoa beans and beans are vegetables?
(Then you could eat 5 servings a day.)

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week.

Hal

Related humor from my friend Richard
I am also reminded of the age old question, "If a man says something and his wife isn't there to hear it, is he still an idiot?" And finally, I remember the immortal words of that expert on the institution of marriage, Zsa Zsa Gabor: "No man is complete until he is married. Then he's finished."

No comments: