Monday, December 7

What does it mean to pre-board?

In response to last week’s questions, “What does it mean to pre-board?”, my Monty Python loving friend noted, “It's what you do before you watch paint dry. ;-) Actually, the correct answer is ‘a tree’.” My neighbor Al, who is pilot for a major airline, agreed that “Pre-board relates to being a tree.”

My friend Royce defined pre-board as “knowing that you have to go to all of those boring holiday parties. But wait! You said "pre-board". Are you referring to board as in lumber and/or board as in habitat renting?” Then my friend Marya explained that “Pre-board by my definition means the same thing as driving into a Wal-Mart parking lot: people LOSE their mind!”

And my dad’s beach buddy Bob declared, “It is a must do for those to be water boarded.” Ouch.

My friend Richard wisely observed that “It means that the English language is being bastardized yet again.” To prove this, my friend Alan, who travels too much, wrote, “For [airline name withheld], it means holding up the stampede of business travelers rushing to their first class seats. (They never actually allow enough time for the pre-boarders to get to the plane!)” And my college roomie John added, “Lately, I believe it means to spend more time at the airport than flying, or traveling to and from the airport.”

My colleague Swany was left pondering, “Why isn’t there a process for post-boarding?”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: