Monday, February 22

How do you fight gravity?

In response to last week’s questions, “How do you fight gravity?”, my birthday bud Jon recommends “with humor.” My cousin Wes added, “I think you have most of the problem handled with your great sense of humor and by running. Only the top of your hair is slipping.”

My friend Kevin reminds us of the words of the great Satchel Paige: "Never stand when you can sit, and never sit when you can lie down."

To fight gravity, my colleague and first time contributor suggested, “Plastic surgery” and my college roomie John agreed, “Implants.” My organizational guru friend Marya was more descriptive by writing “A buttload of Lycra my friend (and no pun intended)!”

My writing and sailing friend Rich offer “the words of Mitch Paradise, my son and heir, ‘Gravity sucks. Ergo, if you don't like the gravity, move to a planet that doesn't suck.’ “

Fortunately, my neighbor and pilot Al explained, “Most pilots fight gravity with Bernoullis. Those things that they fill airplanes wings with so that they can fly. BTW: If you're in anti-gravity, do you fly off the handle?”

Please share your thoughts about (to my emptied emailbox) "things that make you go 'Hmmm'

Why don’t people intend to make a pun?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

My new friend Diana’s email finally got through the spam filter. She wanted us to know that “A day without sunshine means you must be in Ohio. I never realized it until moving to Georgia 7 years ago. Now my days are full of sunshine!”

No comments: