Monday, March 1

Why don’t people intend to make a pun?

In response to last week’s question, “Why don’t people intend to make a pun?“, my birthday bud Jon suggested, “Too much “gravity” in their personalties, I suppose.”

My lexicography friend and college Eileen may have nailed this one when she wittily (I hope) wrote, Because it’s not punny.”

My friend Patrick responded, “Good question. I work hard to make them.” And my friend Tracey added, “I almost always intend to make a pun. I just love watching my family wince.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, “Most folks are too punctilious to have a little fun with a pun.” Eileen: Watch out.

My flying friend Ted observed, “All my puns are intentional!! Remember Paul Simon's 50 ways to leave your lover? Puns make 51 ways to make her go away.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

It's Monday. Why is next Friday not this Friday?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!


Hal

A big thank you to Pam and the rest of NOLA for their hospitality for this weekend’s Rock N Roll ½ Marathon. Etoufee and great hospitality abound.

No comments: