Monday, November 8

Is it possible for chickens to be brave?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin, in response to last week’s question, “Is it possible for chickens to be brave?”, my Parrothead friend Sam, who is a highly educated biologist, wrote, “Chickens continue to run with their heads cut off - ergo, they never give up and are brave!” To this, my friend Richard noted, “Maybe not brave, but certainly plucky! (I know: Oy vey!!!)”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob responded, “Yes. Haven't you ever heard of "The Cock of the Roost"?

My neighbor Al observed, “I think that a wet hen can be brave, once you get her mad. But I've never really seen any mad wet hens.”

My cycling friend Ted noted, “all chickens say they will be brave, but ultimately, they are still chicken!! (based on my observations after 20 years of practicing dentistry).”

Then my writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, “You have to have a brain to tell you to be afraid. To be brave you have to override what your brain is telling you. If you haven't got enough of a brain to tell you why you are crossing the road, then when you get run over, it's just stupid.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

      If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you have left? (from my friend Darcy)

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Thanks to my friend Adelbert who shared his homemade ginger beer at our sailing club dinner. Welcome to fresh flavor!

No comments: