Monday, December 6

You can be overwhelmed and underwhelmed. When are you just "whelmed"?

In response to last week’s question, “You can be overwhelmed and underwhelmed. When are you just "whelmed"?”, my dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote, “It’s when the pleasure is not mutual.” My friend Vivian, however, stated confidently, “it’s when you have been taking your appropriate "medication" regularly.”

My friend Swany shared, “I was only whelmed once. I had to pay more to get whelmed twice.”

My friend Chris then explained, “It is simple, you are just whelmed most of the time of the day...you go through life whelmed, it is an Old English word and it is just a shame that nobody says "I am whelmed" anymore. It was mainly used to describe poor people’s lives.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

           Why does an alarm go off by going on?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: