Monday, May 23

How would you feel if you lost your mood ring?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin,
in response to last week’s question, “How would you feel if you lost your mood ring?”, my friend Tracey and sailing/writing friend Rich concluded, “I would feel blue. ” However, my neighbor Al, having done research on the Internet, determined “Yellow. Yellow (Olive To Golden)-Topaz- Mixed Emotions; Many Thoughts, Ok/Mellow, Fair, Just-So, Vague/Coy, Intent, Distracted, Imaginative, Cautious, Disquieted, Unsettled, Wary, Strained, Foreboding Mood. Actually I found that there are many sites but they all don't agree.”

My videographer friend Ivan disclosed, “Only I would know.”

While my cycling friend Ted and birthday bud Jon said, “I simply just wouldn’t know how to feel,” my sailing friend Kate realized, “Free to be whatever color I choose.” To this, my sailing friend Kurt added, “Free. I wouldn't have that thing telling me how I am supposed to feel. I could feel any way I want to, like sailing.”

My friend Royce said, “very moody,” to which my organizational behavior friend Marya agreed, “We all need to honor our 'shadow' sides! But I'm always blessed!”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob announced, “I would go have a double dip of chocolate ice cream and cheer. I hate those mood rings, so did my dog before he died.” On the other hand, my neighbor Dick shared, “Personally I would buy a "boomerang" mood ring that would always come back. But, of course, I am a perpetual optimist.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

          Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Happy Anniversary this Friday to my better half, who I like as much as I love.

No comments: