Monday, March 19

Is there a difference between a leprechaun and a munchkin?


In response to last week’s question,  “Is there a difference between a leprechaun and a munchkin?”, my birthday bud Jon concluded, “a good agent” while my friend Swany explained, “about 6 inches.”

My engineering friend Steve observed, “Aside from the Irish vs Oz heritage, the munchkins are in the lollipop guild, so they're unionized.”  My videographer friend Ivan shared, “When a leprechaun eats a munchkin, Duncan Donuts earns a dollar. When a munchkin eats a leprechaun, Dorothy gets jealous and Turner Broadcasting gets fined by the FCC.”

My friend Royce explained, “Leprechauns are from Ireland, talk funny, and drink a lot of Guinness and play tricks while the Munchkins are from CA via the Land of OZ. However, rumor has it that some munchkins work at a chocolate factory and call themselves Ommpas.  My sailing friend Mike expounded, “Munchkins come in boxes of 25 or 50, all varieties.  Leprechauns drink your beer and end up green.  The important ones, however, are the (orange) Oompah Loompahs…..their color makes them easy to see in the dark.

My dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote, “Only one is edible...the other is enviable.”  My friend Addie replied, “You'll never find glazed chocolate leprechauns to dunk in your coffee (the drinking coffee, as opposed to last week's subject)!”  And my cycling friend Ted said the difference is “about ten shots of Baileys and 2 pints of Guinness.”

My friend Richard and Bruce called out, “A leprechaun is a little, magical, mischievous Irish guy who sells a breakfast cereal comprising primarily of sugar and oddly-shaped, colorful marshmallows. A munchkin is the dough from the doughnut holes sold by Dunkin Donuts.”

My colleague Kosol explained, “Leprechauns are weird and scary.  They walk around with their shillelaghs and hide their gold never to find the infamous four leaf clover.  I have been searching for this clover since my childhood years and have not yet to find one.   Leprechauns are fictitious as where a munchkin is tangible.  So I no longer have the desire to pursue this mythical Leprechaun and the four leaf clover.  However Munchkins I can embrace from dunkin donuts, hehe.  I  can call my son a cute little munchkin and it will sound cute,  it just wouldn't sound right calling him a my cute little leprechaun, the cuteness factor is just not there.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Must one be nowned before they are renowned?  (From my friend Ted)

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

The Spring Equinox is coming.  Wishing y’all a happy Spring, which starts at 1:14am ET on Mar 20.

No comments: