Monday, June 18


In response to last week’s question,  “Do bad days end at midnight?”,  my birthday Jon G recalled, “they usually didn’t even start getting “bad” until after midnight!”  My friend Bradley concluded, “the day ends whenever you go to sleep and wake up again.  Now, a good night won’t start ‘til midnight! At least I think that’s what I learned in college” to which my friend (and 1st time contributor) Trevor added, “some of my best days in college started at midnight.”

My sailing friend Tom lamented, “Bad days end at sundown and then become Bad Nights which end at sunup.  The ensuing is another bad day and so the cycle continues until the weekend at which time imbibing diminishes the recollection of the previous badness, this is why we never learn.”

My neighbor Dick  acknowledged, “actually, most of my bad experiences began at midnight!”  To this, my writing and sailing friend Rich explained, “Dear Old Dad used to say that "nothing good ever happens after midnight" in reference to those (me) who where running around town after the witching hour.  After a misspent youth of not listening to Dear Old Dad, I am prepared to admit that he was mostly right. Most really bad days begin at midnight.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob explained, “Most end when you get a hold of yourself. Hmmm.”  My neighbor Al expounded on this, “If they did,  then my college years would have been much different.  Bad days end when the hangover wears off.”   

My friend Alan optimistically rationalized, “in Judaism, the day begins at sundown so your bad day actually ended already!”

My wise friend Richard philosophized, “Good days are rare and way too short, but bad days seem to last forever.”   My Parrothead friend Sam replied, “bad days unfortunately do not end at midnight- more like a 24 hour cycle of bad and then a hope that it does not extend to the surrounding days in a general cloud of 'bad'.”  And my engineering friend who recently returned to ATL Steve added, “Don't I wish… sometimes they go on for weeks.”

My friend Royce declared, “they usually end when you find the bottle of Scotch” to which my dog rescue friend Kate clarified, “by midnight I've had enough to drink to forget the ‘bad day’.”

And then my insightful Swany concluded, “Not sure but good days start when you wake up and you hear the ocean waves rolling on the sandy beach!”  Can I get an “Amen” to Swany’s response?

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Do summer clothes make people appear brighter?
Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

My favorite time of the year, “Summer Solstice” is this week.  Wed and Thu both have 14hr, 26min of energizing, Vitamin D filled day light! Summer Solstice is Wed, Jun 20 this year.

No comments: