Monday, August 6

Where do you get a replacement handle on life?


In response to last week’s question,  “Where do you get a replacement handle on life?”,  my cousin Valarie replied, “Life has handles?!  I could handle that.  Since I never had a handle on life to begin with, I don’t  know what one looks like!”

My friend Richard shared, “Mori Luggage would be my guess. Sometimes duct tape is sufficient, since it is so much like “the Force” of Star Wars fame:  It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.  This must be where the phrases “losing one’s grip” and “get a grip on things” come from.”

My friend Chris, who is clearly no longer living in ATL, Home Depot’s home town, suggested, “from Lowe’s of course...cause they 'never stop improving'.”  My BBQ friend Alan recommended “Sears, preferably a “Diehard” series one ….” to which my piano playing friend Ira  concurred, “Sears, of course. Just call the 800 number but be prepared to have the part number.”   My friend Swany advocated “True Value hardware.  They always have the thing that nobody else carries.”

My friend Royce claimed, “Got mine at Wal-Mart.  Look at those folks at  http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/  and go find the handle.

Then my dad’s beach buddy Bob cautioned, “You can't.  You are only given one for a lifetime.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

To have BBQ or have a BBQ, that is the question.
Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

No comments: