Monday, December 10

Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?



In response to last week’s question,  “Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women?”, my organizational behavior guru Marya  submitted simply, “My only response is "Well, DUH!"  ;-)  ”  Yet my dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote that this one “has me stumped.  Where is the man who understands women?”  My college roomie John concurred, “Women are like art - beautiful, interesting, complex, and most Men do not understand art, including myself.” To this, my friend Royce added, “I think Sigmund Freud tried to answer that same question and failed.”

My social business adviser Andy noted, “I like it.  Acceptable sexism.... :)    Maybe it's because men are always looking for boat accessories and no man has ever been accused of having a face that launched a thousand ships....”

My friend Richard determined he’d “go with Jeff Foxworthy’s rationale. He says men only think about 3 things:  Beer, naked women, and sports.  Sometimes they combine all 3:  “I’d like to watch the ballgame while a naked woman brings me my beer.”  Women HAVE to be more interesting by default.”

My friend Chris observed, “Because style is a gender thing and EVERYBODY likes the shiny things in life :)   ”  My sailing and writing friend Rich concluded, “It is just one their many super-powers.”  And my friend Swany shared the primitive response, “boobies.” My colleague Kelly then shared, “Because they’re so curvy in the right places.  Really, after about a year of marriage they’re not all that super interesting… but I think that’s a two-way street.  One day I’m going to have to learn when to keep my thoughts to myself!

My Parrothead friend Samantha explained, “Men tend to display (in the animal kingdom), so there just isn't that much of a mystery.  This does not peak as much interest for some.  Women on the other hand, are very mysterious and can conceal a lot about their true nature, which leads to interest.  Think of Jimmy Buffett's Woman Goin’ Crazy on Caroline Street.”

My neighbor Al observed, “It all has to do the "Hunter Gatherer" theory.  Men hunt woman ..... Women collect men.”

My birthday bud Jon challenged, “Men have better judgment” and my cycling friend Ted concluded, “Hmmm--do we really have to go there?

 Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When does silence become awkward?

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

Today is the 2nd day and 3rd  night of Chanukah.  Got it?

From the prior week’s question about the “top of the hour” that  my friend Swany said was, “:0000000 (binary),” my neighbor Al explained that the number 12 in binary is 1100, not 0000,   so we’re back to asking when is the top of the hour on a digital chronometer  (clock).

No comments: