Monday, December 3

When is the ‘top of the hour’ on a digital watch?



In response to last week’s question,  “When is the ‘top of the hour’ on a digital watch?”,  my friend Chris determined it’s “when it is half past the bottom.  :P  ”  However, Chris’s and my friend Swany said it was, “:0000000 (binary).”  My dad’s beach buddy Bob then explained, “always at Zero, 24 times a day.”

My friend Royce determined it is when it is “At the top of the watch,” to when my “loving retirement” friend Bruce explained, “There is no simple answer other than "it depends upon a myriad of factors."  First is what is considered in the phrase "top"?  If we reference that "top" means "upper most part", then we must determine where "up" is for the digital clock in question.... This is totally subject to interpetation based on ones current understanding of the spacial relationships of yaw. roll. pitch, the "ever-expanding universe", and time (according to current dimensional thought). Hmmm - I'll get back to you at the top of the hour.”

 Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Why are women... so much more interesting to men than men are to women?  (from my friend Kosol)

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

The first night of Chanukah is this Saturday.  Yeah!

No comments: