Monday, December 9

Can you consistently be random?



In response to last week’s question, "Can you consistently be random?", my birthday bud Jon replied simply, "Sometimes" while my friend Royce wrote, "Randomly yes."   To this, my friend Tracey added, "Have you met my high school aged son who is involved in the performing arts? The answer is a resounding YES!"

My cycling friend Ted concluded, "One is consistently random when one stops being consistent!"

My wise friend Richard noted, "According to Ralph Waldo Emerson, 'A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.'  So one can be consistent at anything, including randomness, but this may only be an indication of one’s foolishness."

And my social media friend Mark advised, "It is far easier and more beneficial in the long run to be randomly consistent."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

For how long does a fruitcake last?  (prompted during my visit last week to the fruitcake capital of the US (and possibly the world), Claxton, GA:  www.claxtonfruitcake.com)

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Congrats to Auburn Tigers.  Who wrote the script about returning a field goal attempt for a touchdown and then having Mich St beat Ohio State?

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.

No comments: