Monday, August 11

Should you plan to be spontaneous tomorrow?



In response to last week’s question, "Should you plan to be spontaneous tomorrow?", my writing and sailing friend Rich noted, "Only if this couch I am on spontaneously combusts, then I will probably spontaneously plan to get up,"   to which my friend Vivian declared, "How about a plan to make no plans!"

Another writing friend, Stan countered, "Of course! Can’t be caught unprepared when the opportunity arises."

My dad's beach buddy Bob explained, "I am spontaneous every day...I must be to dodge the things that are thrown at me because I am insensitive (referring to the prior week's question about being insensitive or just not caring)."

My DISH Network friend Mark, who I was so glad to reconnect with, lamented, "I'm always a day late and a dollar short, so this makes sense as long as I don't have to buy anything."
My cousin Wes replied, "I think I will procrastinate today about tomorrow's plans."

My equestrian friend Royce recalled, "For those who remember the end of WW II, spontaneity is necessary to get out of bed each morning."

And my hiking friend Kelly professed, "I will have to think about it, pray about it, write out a pros and cons list, send it through committee, etc.  Gee, I wonder how many other people will say more or less the exact same thing?"  (Nobody Kelly.  You have a special mind.) 

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
Where do you get elbow grease? (from my wife Alison)
Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

    







No comments: