Monday, June 20

What’s after A-OK? and a Summer Solstice question

In response to last week’s question, "What’s after A-OK?," by cycling friend Ted got me with a reggae response knowing how much I love the soul and passion of reggae, writing "Bob Marley had the answer--It's B-Alright!"

My birthday bud Jon determined an equally positive response of, "B-OK."   Then my temple friend Richard cautioned, "Usually, after a slight delay while reality sets in, OMG, IDK, or OSIF (Oh sh-t, I forgot.)."

My sailing friend Norm replied, "Solid as an OAK (hey, I a bit dyslexic)."

My neighbor and engineering-bent pilot friend Al provided a method to answer the question, "Well since I can't type exponents in Gmail, this might be hard to read:   "K" is the Equilibrium Constant.   It stands to reason that the next step would be to substitute for "K" so that A -O= 

....and of course, you then just solve for Y."

My dad's beach buddy Bob shared, "'A' is always the best score obviously better than a B,C,D,E or F."  And my equestrian friend Royce provided a  disclaimer-style answer,  "It depends on what you are OKing."

And my organizational behavior guru friend Marya shared her common response, "Okey-Dokey!  ;-)   "

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
What shouldn't you do in the dark?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Summer Solstice is one of my favorite days of the year, is today, June 20, because this is a leap year.  Typically it is June 21.  In Atlanta, there will be 14 hours, 24 min of daylight,  4 hours 30 min longer than Winter Solstice.   Nautical Twilight ends 65 minutes later.  Enjoy nature's Vitamin D and positive energy today!


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  As I transition away from  NicheLabs, I invite you to call or email so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: