Monday, July 25

What do you have when you get tired of thinking?

In response to last week’s question, "What do you have when you get tired of thinking?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich declared, "A good time. Thinking too much is way overrated," to which my neighbor Al added, I guess that would be Friday."  And my temple friend Lesley replied, "Overload. A dose of rest and relaxation is needed."

When my cycling friend Ted called out, "A politician!," my sailing friend Glenn noted it was "Trump" while my birthday bud Jon generalized, "The Republican National Convention" and my temple friend Tracey expounded, "American politics or corporate America."   Then my social media friend Mark offered, "Another day, another dollar.  Or a more obvious answer...a Republican" while my cousin Greg suggested, "We'll see on November 9th...."

My hiking friend Kelly announced, "TV!"

My videographer friend Ivan recalled, "I do or I have had...
10) A power nap.
9)   A reactor scram in the main brain (Nuclear submarine reference)
8) Another beer
7) Hopefully not a car accident or another missed exit
6) Someone else do the thinking for me
5) A stupid, blank look on my face
4) A moment of Zen
3) A repeat of every day before that I had to do some thinking
2) An incomplete top 10 list
1)

My dad's beach buddy Bob advised, "I take 2 Aleve and  a nap," while my equestrian friend Royce explained, "Neurological fatigue, and/or boredom."

And my temple friend Vivian proffered, "Getting older sometimes has its advantages.  When you are tired of thinking, you don’t remember what you are trying to think about, so you don’t.


Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
If you intend to live forever, how are you doing? (paraphrased from Steven Wright)

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.
Hal

Happy Birthday to my best friend (and wife), Alison on Tuesday. 


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: