Monday, July 11

When are you hot?

In response to last week’s question, "When are you hot?,"  my dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "When there is a 3-day 3-digit gain in the stock market."

My neighbor Al observed, "Just about every day so far this month!" to which my temple friend Tracey noted, "Every minute of every day, 365 days per year. I don't really remember how it feels to be cold. I am a walking inferno."
  
My cycling friend Ted determined it is "when you are married to Ted C!  (Love you Carey)"  while my social media friend Mark advised, "When someone says so...besides you"

My organizational behavior guru Marya declared, "Honey, I'm always hot!" while my hiking friend Kelly lamented, "Mainly when whoever is checking you out is drunk."

My sailing friend Dawn recalled, "With sailboats in our club's fleet named Salty Dog, Lucky Dog, Hot Dog, etc, I was confused once when locating my sailboat and asked a crowd of sailors "am I hot or salty"...referring to our sailing fleet boat names.  Never got a clear answer!"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
You scream. I scream.  Then what?  (National Ice Cream Day is Sunday, July 17)

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.
Hal

In preparation for Sunday's sundaes, here are some thoughts:
·         “You can't buy happiness. But you can buy ice cream, and that's kind of the same thing.
·         If your arteries are good, eat more ice cream. If they are bad, drink more red wine. Proceed thusly.”  ― Sandra ByrdBon Appetit
·         “I hope your only rocky road is chocolate.”  ― Amanda Mosher

And please pass along the importance to remain civil and non-violent as we address issues between law enforcement and multiple minorities.  Let's be the leader that the world knows we are.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  As I transition away from  NicheLabs, I invite you to call or email so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: