Monday, June 26

What would you do with extra daylight?

In response to last week’s question, "What would you do with extra daylight?," my attorney friend Philip advised, "Invest in solar panels." 

My social media friend Mark proposed, "Shop for new blackout curtains, so nap time is not reduced by too much light."  My dad's beach buddy Bob had an opposing thought, "Keep the lights off more of the time and perhaps go to bed a bit later."

My sailing friend Norm replied, "I'd go sailing late into the evening! Best time to be on the lake is after 6 p.m. when all the jet skis are gone, it's quieter, and  it's cooler and there is slight breeze."

And my adjunct executive friend Lindy wrote, "I would put extra daylight in my pocket and pull it out when I’m driving at twilight and lose my distance perspective, or in the middle of the night when I’m afraid of monsters in the closet."

Then please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

        Can you stay up until you wake up?  (from my sailing friend Jan)
  
We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm

No comments: