Monday, August 6

How do you tell that clean clothes have become dirty?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “How do you tell that clean clothes have become dirty?,” my writing and sailing friend Rich advised, “Stand down wind.” Another sailing friend, Norm, agreed, “This is an easy question to answer.  When they smell really bad!! (and not before).”  And my business development friend Ray added,” When they stink so badly they scream ‘Wash Me!’"

To all of this, my adjunct executive friend Lindy replied, “You've worn them. You're such a guy. 😉 “

My social media friend Mark called out, “If the dog is sleeping on them, they are stinky and recommended for a washing opportunity. If the cat is sleeping on the pile, they are still fresh and ready to wear. Or at least were before the cat shed all over them.”

My realtor friend Lara shared, “How many notches are on the belt should give a pretty good indication on how dirty the clothes are. 
In my teenage daughter’s room, if they are wadded up in a pile on the chair or sofa they are clean. If they are wadded up in a heap on the floor they are dirty…or maybe clean.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Can you be outstanding indoors?

Lord, give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks. 

Hal
        
My attorney friend Phil replied to the prior week’s “Is ‘holler at’ good or bad?,”  with “Good if it's your friend, not so good if it's your mom.”
      
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: