Monday, August 20

When are lefties right?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “When are lefties right?,” my cousin Dave, and sailing friends Norm and Tom called out, “the brain is ‘cross-wired.’  Since the opposite side of your brain controls your muscles, lefties are always in their right mind. :)

My engineering friend Steve said, “Whenever they get their facts straight,” which my equestrian friend Royce agreed, “If they answer all of the questions correctly.”

My business development friend Ray replied, “Whenever the port siders (lefties) throw a strike!” to which my birthday bud Jon added, “Usually when the manager is deciding who to have pitch against another lefty.  Although that doesn’t seem to help in the Nats bullpen.”

And my social media friend Mark responded, “Math suggests they are right 13% of the time.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

      Should there be veggie meatloaf? from my senior community friend John B

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly!

Hal
        
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: