Monday, September 10

What happens when poison expires?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “What happens when poison expires?,” my social media friend Mark concluded, “Another stupid 80’s band drops the mic for good.” 

My birthday bud Jon observed, “The person who takes it doesn’t.”

Yet my sailing from Norm replied, “when the insect, animal or person that ingested it expires” and my equestrian friend Royce agreed, “you are usually dead.”

My engineering friend Steve noted, “I think only governments with the death penalty seem to care… go figure.” My dad’s beach buddy Bob replied, “It becomes silently lethal.”

My cycling friend Ted declared, “It becomes Health Food!” while my Utah friend Bruce called out, “It is saved as your mother-in-law’s home-made gravy or sauce😳  “

My sailing friend Kurt replied, “Instead of killing pests on contact, it provides a slower passing.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If all is not lost, where is it?

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

Hal
        
Wishing my Jewish family and friends L’shona tova (Happy New Year).  May you be inscribed in the Book of Life for another good year.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: