Monday, September 24

What is a good pirate?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “What is a good pirate?,” my sailing and legal ethics friend Mike declared, “One who doesn’t ARGH-ue with you.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “One who survives.  That is why we left Charleston and went to Marco Island to escape hurricane Florence and enjoyed part of the loot we saved for the last 50 years.”

My birthday bud Jon announced, “Roberto Clemente,” to which my temple friend Kevin expounded, “Certainly Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell and the ever-smiling Manny Sanguillen.”   And another temple friend, Richard explained, “When I was growing up in Pennsylvania, Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell were great (Pittsburgh) Pirates. Since I have lived in Georgia for 27 years, now I would say it’s any Pirate who signs a contract with the Atlanta Braves.”

And my college roomie John replied, “Any pirate on Hal's boat!”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

Hal

Healthcare question:  Do you know a small business in ATL that is paying too much for healthcare.  As part of a solution that was covered in Atlanta Business Journal and Coastal Seasons (cover story starts on pg 24), I would appreciate an introduction.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: