Monday, October 8

The future is already here. Is it evenly distributed?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “The future is already here. Is it evenly distributed?,” my social media friend Mark replied, “I missed it. I’ll have to catch “the future” next time. Maybe tomorrow.”

My equestrian friend Royce asked, “Is this a "Bitcoin" question?”

My temple friend Richard called out, “Like most things, the future is distributed in a “normal” distribution (i.e., the famous bell-shaped curve).  In other words, for a small percentage of us, the future will be very bright indeed. For an equally small percentage, the future will prove to be very dismal.  For the rest of us, it’ll be OK… some good, some bad.  When contemplating the future, it is best to keep in mind every day that “today is the tomorrow that we dreaded yesterday.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob lamented, “I personally do not like the way the pie is cut and distributed forst to my enemies.”

And my college roomie John suggested, “No, Hal gets all the fun!”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

When is it considered bingeing? [from my friend Blake]

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.

Hal

Save the date:  I’m helping plan the 14th annual Thanksgiving Ecumenical Celebration on Thu, Nov 15 at 7p.  Click here for details.

Do you know a small business in ATL that is paying too much for healthcare (or can’t afford to offer healthcare benefits)?  As part of a solution that was covered in Atlanta Business Journal and Coastal Seasons (cover story starts on pg 24), I would appreciate an introduction to that business.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: