Tuesday, December 11

If veggies like Romaine lettuce are better for you than chocolate, how come there haven’t been any recalls for chocolate?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “If veggies like Romaine lettuce are better for you than chocolate, how come there haven’t been any recalls for chocolate?,”  my interfaith community friend Ann declared, “Because no sane person would throw away chocolate; they'd all gamble that theirs was ok,” to which my dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “Because there are never any leftovers.”  My cycling friend Ted, who is also a dentist, added, “If they were to recall chocolate, we would eat it anyway, deadly or not! So why bother?”  

My writing and sailing friend Rich challenged, “I reject the premise that veggies are better for you – One pound of romaine lettuce is 80 calories – One pound of chocolate is 2476 calories – The average man needs 2500 calories per day to maintain – One pound of chocolate or 31 plus pounds of romaine for the same caloric intake  -  There are no recalls on chocolate because chocolate is way more efficient than romaine and tastier too.”

My social media friend Mark shared, “I recall all chocolate almost immediately after I swallow. Too late to do any good, but I try! Every time.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Who makes the best promises?

Lord, give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks. 

Hal

If you know an individual or small business wanting to break the cycle of rising healthcare costs, please introduce me.  With so many people trying to figure out Open Enrollment and questioning these new ‘short term medical’ plans, I can share some solid advice.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: