Tuesday, December 4

With Thanksgiving a recent memory, are there left-unders or right-overs?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “With Thanksgiving a recent memory, are there left-unders or right-overs?,” my writing and sailing friend Rich observed, “Right overs are when you take your leftover lean turkey breast and turn it into a healthy salad.  Left-unders are when you take the pie out of the fridge, a spoon out the drawer, get under the covers and don’t come out until there is no more pie or self-esteem.”

My cycling friend Ted explained, “The left unders are the pieces of turkey left under the table for the 4 legged vacuum, and the right overs is the cranberry sauce in the back of the fridge that your wife says ‘It’s right over on the 2nd shelf on the right; if it were a snake it would have bit you!’"

My production management friend Ray agreed, “For those dishes we don't like, those are left under the table (actually did this as a child as a way to avoid eating one of my aunt's awful brussel sprouts one Thanksgiving) and then there are others we pass right over, usually to the person sitting to our right or left at the dining room table.”

My adjunct executive friend Lindy replied, “I’m sure dogs hope for left-unders, which is why they camp under the table. Right-overs would be dishes (in my case a pie) that didn’t turn out right and we have more holidays coming to try again.

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If veggies like Romaine lettuce are better for you than chocolate, how come there haven’t been any recalls for chocolate?

Lord, give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks. 

Hal

If you know an individual or small business wanting to break the cycle of rising healthcare costs, please introduce me.  With so many people trying to figure out Open Enrollment and questioning these new ‘short term medical’ plans, I can share some solid advice.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: