Tuesday, March 12

Is there a better time of the week to Spring forward than Sunday at 2:00am?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Is there a better time of the week to Spring forward than Sunday at 2:00am?,” my social media friend Mark announced, “Friday at 4:00…that last hour of the work-week is so long,” to which my production management friend Ray explained, “That would make it five o clock and you would get paid for 8 hours only working seven and get to go home an hour early.”

My sister-in-law Lorrie proposed, “Mondays so that you have one less hour to get through on a Monday morning! In all honesty,  in retirement it hardly matters.  If I was still working the earlier would apply.”

My engineering friend Steve advised, “Yes, 20 minutes into the future.”  But my business development friend Ray called-out, “Keeping it at 2am does allow the workers in bars to shut down an hour earlier.”

My temple friend Kevin explained, “Yes, when we fall back to real time.  Daylight Savings Time is a lie and completely useless.  Studies have shown that there really is no longer any need for it and it should be done away with.  In fact, human productivity is worse during the weeks after these changes than during periods where ‘time’ is static,” to which my cycling friend Ted declared, “I think we should stay ‘Sprung” all year round!”  And my dad’s beach buddy Bob added his support, “There is never a good time to spring forward.  Takes time for we old timers to adjust to standard time without having to spring up on our feet with vertigo.”

My sailing friend Norm replied, “Yes, a better time would be Saturday night. 😀 “
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

How do you know if you’re Irish?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

To the prior week’s question, “What do people who write "u" instead of "you" do with all the time they save?,” my HIPnation friend Dwana pointed out, “in my neck of the woods, we say ‘all y’all’”. 

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: