Tuesday, February 26

Why do we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Why do we choose from just  two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?,” my dad’s beach buddy Bob observed “There is much more to look at that doesn't challenge your intelligence.”   My engineering friend Steve called out, “Because Miss America isn’t as corrupt and doesn’t have someone to “collude” with as the Dems and Reps do with each other,” to which my birthday bud Jon simplified it, ”Which would you rather look at fifty of?”

My social media friend Mark lamented, “That is all the qualified people they can find. Although they were wrong to think there were two qualified candidates for president last time.”

When my equestrian friend Royce responded, “Ya know I've been asking myself that same question for way too many years,” my cycling friend Ted answered, “Because Miss America has so many more better candidates!”

My workforce training friend Jonathan pointed out, “Uhm...have you seen the field if Democrats lately; looks like there may be one candidate for every state by the end of the summer,” to which my temple friends Kevin and Bill agreed, “The way the Dems are joining the race, we may well get to 50 before it's over.”

And my biz development friend Ray noted, “Have you ever compared the presidents to the Miss America contestants? Hands down, it’s who wins that "beauty" contest!”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What do people who write "u" instead of "you" do with all the time they save?  (from my interfaith friend Ann)


Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: