Monday, February 18

Is chocolate the answer?



My temple friend Richard called out, “If chocolate isn’t the answer, then it is quite clear you are asking the wrong question,” to which my social media friend Mark agreed, “Yes, no matter the question,”

While my cycling friend Ted purported, “It is the answer to many a question!,” my biz development friend Ray countered, “The simple answer is YES.”

My temple friend Viv explained, “Chocolate is the answer to everything--even your health.  It has been proven that dark chocolate is healthy.  Therefore, I have to take care of myself and have some chocolate everyday.  Yummy!”  Then my college roomie John added, “Yes, it used to be milk chocolate, but now it's dark chocolate!”

My sailing friend Norm replied, “Yes and no.  Let's see, chocolate originally was native to Central and South America and now mostly is grown in Africa.  Coffee was native to Africa and the Middle East and now is mostly grown in Central America.  And nothing tastes better than a combination of coffee and chocolate.  So whether it is the answer to something, who knows. But when either or both are mixed with milk and sugar, they are irresistible.”   

With my equestrian friend Royce retorting, "In what fashion and/or form?”, my dad’s beach buddy Bob announced, “Ahh yes, consumed daily at my age beats sex.”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why do we choose from just  two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America ?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

With today being Presidents’ Day, many people forget Lincoln’s Birthday was Tue, 2/12 and Washington’s Birthday is 2/22, so Presidents’ Day combined these 2 former holidays. Also in February, few know that Ronald Reagan was born on Feb 6* and fewer know that on Feb 9, our 9th president was born, William Harrison.  October has the most presidential births with 6.

Then again, should we celebrate 45 presidents instead of 2?

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: