Tuesday, April 9

Is a foot-long shoe always the right size?

In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Is a foot-long shoe always the right size?," my birthday bud Jon observed, "Not at Subway."

My dad's beach buddy Bob pointed out, "Not if you wear a size 13" while my social media friend Mark replied, "Yes, it’s not always the right foot though," 

My equestrian friend Royce called out that ,"According to the Euclidean theory of mathematics, naaaaa"

And my cycling friend Ted responded, "I never really gave it much thought that 12 inches could be a variable distance! The real issue here is that we use an average male foot to define 12 inches of distance, so that the fundamental conclusion is that the world is just intensely Sexist!! Good luck to all the power girls out there trying to make it in a world measured by Men!!  How's that for a rambling Rant!"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

     Is breathing optional?  from my friend Paul T

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

I was listening to a TED Talk about altruism and appreciation. While the majority of people are very good at either, I'd like to think that this blog's readership are "all above average."  Continuing this line of thinking, if you find that these weekly email or blog post provide a little happiness or joy, I'm asking that you find one person to share it with -- and if they are OK with it, I'll add them to the email list.  To spread the joy, simply reply with their name and email address.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


     

No comments: