Wednesday, April 23

If you are "legally" drunk, what's the problem?

There were many spirited responses to last week's question, "If you are "legally" drunk, what's the problem?" My neigbhor Al observed, "The problem is that everyone else is legally sober."

My sailing buddy Scott realized that being legally drunk may be what’s leading to the regular "Hmmm" discussions about hypothetical questions.

Being positive, my birthday bud Jon agreed with my sailing buddy John, who wrote, "There's no problem at all....unless you happen upon an officer of the law who decides that you would be better off spending the night under official supervision (jail) until you are less "legally drunk"!"

My cheesehead friend Marya said, "There isn't a problem unless it's deer hunting season in WI.....something about guns, ammo and schnapps to make you fear for your life."

My always-positive friend Mindy thought "the bigger issue is legally blind people, not those legally drunk, who are freely roaming around." To which my neighbor Dick asked, "If you are "legally blind" and "legally drunk" are you "legally blind drunk"?

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " :

Can you procrastinate now? (with some help from my cousin Steve)

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.

Hal

Related story from Dick: "Your Honor, " said the attorney, "my client did not want to be 'drunk in public' . They threw him out of the bar!! He was trying to be 'drunk in private'!!"

No comments: