Wednesday, June 25

Hmmm: They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. What should I do?

In response to last week's question, "They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. What should I do?", my birthday bud Jon said, "Practice your imperfections. I do. "

My neighbor Dick noted that these statements tell him that "nobody" practices a lot.

My friend Richard and Stuart added, "If this person named Nobody is perfect, and practice makes perfect, then I suppose we should all practice being Nobody. I've always wanted to be a Perfect Nobody."

My superb pianist and flutist friend David wrote, "Follow me here: If practice makes perfect, you should practice if you want to become perfect. But if nobody is perfect, that means perfect people are nobodies, and who wants to be one of those? Ergo: Don't practice if you want to be somebody. This from a musician who has spent years practicing...."
While my college roomie John said, "Keep practicing, the spouse is going to yell either way!", my friend Royce said, "at my age who gives a damn?" Then my dad's beach buddy Bob summarized the thoughts: "Quit while you're ahead."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " :

Why do the numbers on phones go down while the numbers on calculators go up?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.
Hal

No comments: