Monday, June 9

How do you eat a donut hole?

In response to last week's question, " How do you eat a donut hole?", my dad had the simple answer, "In one bite." My birthday bud Adam agreed, adding, "so long as you are sitting on "holy ground" (and not training for the Yosemite 50 mi hut-to-hut hike).

My temple buddy Mike and my dad's beach buddy Bob both recommended, "from the inside out," while my sometimes sophisticated friend Royce suggested, " remove from the wrapper and insert same in your mouth and masticate. "

My friend Ruth suggested, "Filled with chocolate cream!! " while my friend Tracey champions "a big cup of coffee."

Nobody suggested you eat the holes in their entirety.

My sailing buddy Scott said, "The problem isn't eating a donut hole, it's stopping at just one." My running friend Tony was supportive, noting that "holes are not very filling."

My neighbor Dick noted that "Donut holes have all the calories, so it is best to eat around them." My wise friend Blair confirmed this by counseling, "I don’t eat the holes. Donut holes give me a very hollow feeling. And talk about your empty calories!! "

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " :

Why is their no push for "natural dentistry" like there is for natural childbirth?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.

No comments: