Monday, June 2

If the dog sleeps on the bed and the husband is in the doghouse, where does the wife sleep?

In response to last week's question, " If the dog sleeps on the bed and the husband is in the doghouse, where does the wife sleep?," my friend David noted that "This is a scary question. You can think you know. But, you can never be sure. And dogs don't talk. "

With dogs not talking, responses from most women were consistent, as my friend Ruth wrote, "Anywhere she wants!" "At the Bel Age penthouse in Hollywood, of course, courtesy of her husband," wrote my friend Marya . My friend Blair aded, "Sleep with the dog, who is always good company. Or, channeling the Green Acres' theme song, maybe she sleeps in the penthouse."

My horse-loving friend Royce took to the defense, writing, "I swear! She said she was separated!" And my dad's beach buddy Bob wrote, "Her husband had to be a dog to begin with, so she belongs in the doghouse."

Several guys, however, including my brother-in-law Jay understood the women's point of view as he wrote, "In the penthouse suite at the nearest Ritz Carlton.....or, any damn place she pleases." My sailing buddy John echoed the "anywhere she damn well pleases" part, adding that "she's the Head Dog."

While my birthday bud Jon started to write, "I was going to say "around," but that would be rude ," my friend Patty once again found the balance among things, saying "Wherever she can. Let sleeping dogs lie."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmmm' " :

How do you eat a donut hole?

Live well......laugh often....have a good week.
Hal

No comments: