Monday, August 24

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Can you have clean dirt ?

In response to last week’s questions, “If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?“, my dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “No, it comes from ‘mor_on the ball.” My friend Kevin added, “Actually, it's morasses that come from morons.”

My birthday bud Jon said, yes, “it explains the Moral Majority” and my college roomie John added, “The obvious answer is morons give us politicians.”

My colleague Swany noted the words of the immoral (not immortal) Bill Clinton, “Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that.”

My sailing and writing friend Rich “fears this statement is correct - Exhibit A, reality tv (with the exception of the Deadliest Catch).”

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week…

Hal

PS: My very punny friend Richard wanted all to know that this line of thinking does raise other questions:
• Does lumberjacking skill result from being an axon?
• Does banality result from being a boron?
• Does slickness result from being a teflon?
• Does contentiousness result from being an argon?
• Does a soprano singing voice result from being a trillion?
• Does a devil-may-care attitude result from being a hellion? (Of course, the answer to that one is propbably "yes.")
I could go further, but there's probably no sense in going "-on and -on." (Oy! Sorry about that.)

No comments: