Monday, August 3

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' " (this is a hard one):

Does life have inertia? from my friend Michelle

In response to last week’s questions, “Can you imagine “more than you can imagine”?”, my comedic friend Bruce, colleague Swany and birthday bud Jon all agreed, “I can only imagine that you can.” My friend Ed added, “you can if you can imagine the unimaginable, to which my Disney-adoring friend Alan wrote, “Walt Disney said "It's kind of fun to do the impossible". Isn't that "more than you can imagine"?”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “I am often amazed that I had not imagined that to be the case.”

While my sailing friend Scott wrote, “No,” my college roomie John shared, “It is more than I can imagine that we are going to get together in 2 weeks. It’s been, what, 20 years?”

“Have you ever had anesthesia or painkillers?”, asked my friend Tracey. “You can imagine all sorts of things you never thought you could imagine.”

“Here comes the educator in me,” wrote my friend Vivian. “When you push yourself to imagine more and perhaps "out of the box," that's when you become creative.” My colleague Jeff agreed, saying, “for me, that would require thinking outside the box (in this case would be my head). When I have streams of consciousness, I would say ”If I imagine I could, then I can!””

And my sailing, writing friend Rich concluded, “Going to the Moon 40 years ago was beyond the imagination of most. And for those who made it possible, they imagined it as only the first step.”

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

Hal

No comments: