Tuesday, September 8

Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why is abbreviation such a long word?
from my neighbor Dick

In response to last week’s questions, “Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?”, my sailing and writing friend Rich responded, “1. My wife has often referred to me as being both stupid and a smart ass, so I am going to go with yes. As a woman, she is rarely wrong. Rarely? There I go again being both stupid and a smart ass. 2. Being a smart-ass to someone who can kick your ass makes you kinda stupid.”

My friend Richard declared, “I believe the technical term for this disorder is "cranio-rectal inversion" (A.K.A. "head up the _ss"), and, unfortunately, no one is immune to it.” To this, my sailing friend Kate added, “see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Bonaduce.”

“Aren't all smart-asses stupid?”, asked my sailing friend Vaughn. “Isn’t it stupid to prove that you are a smart-ass?” My neighbor Al concurred, “Usually when someone demonstrates their smart-ass ability, they are also flashing their stupidity sign.”

“If you don't know the answer to this,” my neighbor Dick wrote, “you've never walked the halls of the U.S. Congress.” My DC-based birthday bud Jon added, “Have we already forgotten the last administration?”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob put it succinctly, “Only if he is standing behind it and talking it up.”
My pilot and cycling buddy Ted, and running buddy Tony wrote, “When a person is really stupid, they have their brains up their ass. Well there you have it! A ‘Smart Ass.’" My colleague Jeff added, “or someone who can sit on a gallon of ice cream and tell you what flavor it is!”

“How smart are the people on this thread?” questioned my colleague Swany. “We may have the answer among us.” To this, my college roomie wrote, “I do not think so. I think you need smarts to be a smart-ass. ”

My organizational behavior friend Marya and my former colleague Larry wrote, “I know many stupid people who are smart-asses. However, as my friend Steve always says, it's better than bein' a dumb ass.”

Go outside and play sometime. Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week…

No comments: