Tuesday, September 29

What would you touch with a 10 ft pole?

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Are all generalizations dangerous?

In response to last week’s questions, “What would you touch with a 10 ft pole?,” my sailing friend Scott put an immediate smile on my face when he responded “a spinnaker.” My sailing and writing friend Rich, also has a sail thought when he responded that his mast would “touch a nine foot high bridge.”

My friend Tracey who is also in Marietta concluded,“The street from my boat during all this flooding. It really helps to live on a hill.”

My soon-to-be-sailing friend Bruce realized he would touch “the handle” while my dad’s beach buddy Bob noted simply, “Obviously an item that is ten feet away.” My organizational behavior friend Marya said she’d touch “a handsome firefighter.”

My colleague Swany shared that he wouldn’t touch a live electrical wire, a skunk and Janet Reno but would touch a government run Health Care system, Madonna and freshly laid dog poop.”

Answering the question from another perspective, my neighbor Dick said he “doesn’t know.....I’ve never seen a Polish guy 10 feet tall.” My friend Richard apparently has because he wrote, “the start of a Polish basketball team, obviously!” To this, my college roomie John added that he would touch “the basketball rim” while my birthday bud Jon said he’d touch “a nine foot Czech.”

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week.

No comments: