Monday, October 19

If you are against picketing, how do you show it?”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If prunes are dried plums, how can there possibly be prune juice? (from my birthday bud Jon G)

In response to last week’s questions, “If you are against picketing, how do you show it?”, my sailing and writing friend Rich would “put up a picket fence with a picket on guard to prevent any unwanted pickets from crossing to my picket free zone.” My colleague Effie was more simplistic, saying “Obvious! You sign a petition against picketing.”

My organizational dietician friend Marya found a new answer when she responded, “Use Facebook, ha, ha!” And my colleague Jeff was of a similar mind, suggesting “Send massive amounts of unsolicited e-mails to everyone you know, clog their spam filters and generally become an annoyance to everyone you know and don’t know.” My friend Richard went ‘old school,’ writing “Throw ripe tomatoes at the picketers?”

“With a tissue or handkerchief,” my neighbor Al said. “Oh! My bad!,” he added, “You said picketing, not picking.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob said, “You can turn your back to it, but you never want to back up into it for fear of getting "burred."

My colleague Swany isn’t about to turn his back as he wrote, “I’m against the people who are against picketing and if they’d only make a few signs, I’d know who they are.”

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week.

Hal

Mazel Tov to my friends Alan and Sue, whose son gets married this weekend.

No comments: